The Endless Mountains Nature Center maintains over eleven miles of trails, which are open to the public for walking and biking at the times and seasons listed on the home page. Most of the trails are shaded, and the difficulty varies from easy to moderate.
The camp roads and a few parts of trails are accessible to sturdy wheel chairs and strollers. The restrooms in the Nature Center Lodge are wheel-chair accessible. Call first discuss specifics with the staff to make the most of your visit.
- All trail users and visitors MUST sign-in and out on the porch of the Nature Center Lodge.
- Leashed dogs are allowed. Clean up after your dog.
- Bikes are allowed when the trails are not muddy.
- Groups of 10 or more must have a program scheduled or be renting from Camp Lackawanna.
- Only enter Nature Center Lodge and restrooms. All other lodges and cabins may be rented by other visitors.
- Restrooms can be found in the Nature Center Lodge and an outhouse is available at the tent camping sites all year. In the warmer weather the restrooms near the pavilion are also available to trail users.
The trails meander along the most peaceful stretch of the Susquehanna River and the historical remnants of the North Branch Canal, through mixed broadleaf and hemlock forests, and up to an overlook with a view of the river and valley below. Visitors can appreciated birds singing, water trickling over the the steep cliffs or rocks in the river, leaves rustling, and the overall lack of modern noise.
Facilities at Camp Lackawanna
The lodges, meeting space, pavilion, open-air cabins, Adirondak-style lean-to's, and tent camping sites are available for rent. The amenities include a pool, volleyball and basketball courts, several large fields, access to the river for fishing and non-power boating, canoe rentals, a labrynith, and campfire rings. For more about Camp Lackawanna, visit www.lackawannapresby.org/camphome.html or call the Presbytery office at 570-348-0643.
Click here for a printable trail map
Trail Hours by Seasons:
Current hours are listed on the right side of our homepage.
Open 8 am to dusk:
Late-Aug. thru mid-June;
except 2 weeks of deer hunting season (rifle) in late November.
Open Sat. & Sun. 8 am to dusk:
Mid-June thru late-Aug*
* During July and August, Camp Lackawanna offers a residential camp and the Nature Center offers day camp. For the saftey of the campers the trails are closed to the public Monday-Friday.